Your vehicles are critical to the success of your business. To successfully protect your business, it is important to have properly set up commercial auto insurance.
There are a number of different options to consider, including whether fleet insurance or per vehicle policies are the best solution for your unique situation. We are here to help guide you through the different options available in your insurance and risk management programs.
What is commercial use?
Your personal auto insurance may exclude coverage for commercial uses of your vehicle. That is why it is important to discuss your needs with us so that we can help you find the coverages appropriate to your specific situation and how you do business.
What can be done to lower the cost of commercial auto insurance?
The following strategies can generally help to lower the cost of your insurance coverage:
- Anti-theft and safety devices – items such as alarms, GPS tracking, and air bags can lower your premium p; In addition, programs which require seat belt usage can also help reduce your costs.
- Deductibles – deductibles represent the portion of risk you are willing to absorb before the insurance company would pay on a clai p; The higher the deductible, the lower your premiums will be.
- Driver records – by hiring only qualified drivers with safe driving records, you can significantly reduce your premiums.
- Location - determines premiums for the theft portion of your insurance coverage.
- Vehicles – the sportier the car, generally the higher the premiu p; By having 5 star safely rated vehicles, you can significantly reduce your premiums.
Certain types of businesses are subject to federal and state regulations in the operation of their vehicles. It is important to fully understand those regulations. In addition, it is important if your company will be using the equipment of third parties, such as leased or rental equipment: if so, you will need non-owned vehicle coverage. We are happy to discuss compliance issues and work with you so you have the appropriate level of coverages for your business.
We help businesses with their insurance protection, including their vehicles. Contact us today for a no obligation review.